Avocado-Stuffed Baby Chillies
Bite-sized chillies filled with a zesty mix of avocado, lime and coriander make a
sizzling snack to serve with drinks. Apricot chillies live up to their name – the pale orange flesh looks gorgeous with the vibrant green filling. Alternatively, use small green Poblanos or Anaheim, or round red Cherry Bomb. They are just as delicious and easier to find in the shops.
avocados 3–4, ripe
limes juice of 3
spring onions green parts included, 3
coriander tough stalks discarded, leaves chopped to make 6 tbsp
sea salt flakes
freshly ground black pepper
small mild-to-medium-hot chillies 12, about 4cm long
paprika to garnish
1) Mash the avocados with the lime juice, using a fork to make a chunky purée.
2) Chop the spring onions finely and add to the avocados.
3) Stir in the chopped coriander. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4) Slice the chillies in half lengthways and remove the seeds and stalk end.
5) Spoon the filling into each half, mounding it up well. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
Based on a recipe from Cool Green Leaves and Red Hot Peppers
by Christine McFadden and Michael Michaud, published by Frances Lincoln